Monday, December 31, 2007

12 more hours!

Only 12 more hours left in this year. I really have nothing important to say about the past year, nor do I have any inspiring words about what's to come in 2008. I don't do resolutions. Well, there's always the "I'm gonna lose weight!!1!1!" thing, but I say that every couple weeks anyway, so that doesn't count.

Actually, I do have a resolution for 2008. In 2008, I will hire a babysitter months in advance, so that finally, for ONCE, I can be with other people when the ball drops. I haven't spent a New Years Eve with Craig in 8 years. I haven't been to a New Years party in probably 10 years. I once had a friend over for New Years Eve, but we both fell asleep at 11:00. It's kind of depressing, actually.

But....I do have a yearly tradition for myself at midnight since I'm usally alone. I always say a prayer as the year changes. That way it's the last thing and the first thing I do every year.....talk to God. Sometimes it's just a short prayer that I have to sneak in while someone's on the phone with me. But, I always do it. God always hangs with me on New Years Eve :-)

We're supposed to get a winter storm tonight, so please be careful out there! Watch out for icy roads and crazy drunk drivers!

Ok...gotta go....there's about to be a Wii bowling brawl in my living room that I need to go prevent.

No comments: