Sunday, November 18, 2007

Random 4 you.

Just another random blog for you.

1. First we'll start with a health update. I'm still coughing. I'm still lacking a normal voice. But....I now know what is happening to me. It's no longer a mysterious plague. It's reflux. Regurgitated food and beverage is backing up into my vocal chord area, aka pharyngolarynx, which is also knows as pharyngolaryngeal reflux, causing pharyngolaryngitis. In other words, in order to be normal again, I have to give things up....like chocolate, caffeine, carbonation, and anything else that actually tastes good. I've decided to call it the Pharyngolaryngeal diet. Oh, and anything else I have to stop eating 4 hours before bed time. I get to stay away from stress, too. Anyway, I'm feeling much better, but I'm still not finished with this. I'm also having a hard time with the no-caffeine bit. If I quit the caffeine, my throbbing head will pop off if I cough.

2. I had a dream about the corded mic last night. So this morning during rehearsal, I took a picture of it. Because that's what weird people do with random objects they have dreams about. They take pictures of them.

In my dream, it caused me grief. But today it looked so lovely in front of that light with all the stage fog.

3. Today's fun kid quote: "I'm gonna wiggle my uvula."

No comments: