Friday, September 28, 2007

The travel mug that does not travel

One of my weird shopping obsessions is travel coffee mugs. It could be because I love coffee, but I'm not sure why it's all about the travel mug. I always walk by the travel mug section of the store and see if any are on sale. I never end up buying one. But anyway . . .

A few months ago at the local Meijer store, I happened to notice a new mug on the block. It was a Starbucks travel mug of the Christmas variety. A very strange thing to see at a Meijer, and in July. Knowing that Meijer doesn't sell Starbucks travel mugs, I was curious. So I picked it up and looked inside. There was the remains of what looked like dried brown coffee all around the inside. So I put the lid back on and set it back on the shelf. I guess someone lost it and an employee put it there on the shelf, thinking it was for sale.

Well, as I said....this was months ago. I can't believe not one employee has realized that it doesn't belong there . . . that it's not for sale! Have they not looked inside it? It's hilarious.

So a few days ago, it was still there. I took a picture of it, just for you.

One of these days, I think I'm going to try to buy it. I wonder how much they'll actually charge me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so THATS what happened to my starbucks christmas travel mug. :)