Saturday, October 6, 2007

This is why I don't sleep with the TV on.

I never sleep with the TV on. I enjoy total darkness and quiet, except for maybe a fan running in the background or something. But last night I fell asleep while watching late night TV.

Not much later, I woke up to the strangest music, if that's what you want to call it. It was nightmarish. It was this music, a guy singing, and another voice that sounded what Satan must sound like. I had taken cold medicine a few hours before, so not only was I half asleep, I was high as well. I didn't understand what was going on, except that I thought the devil was trying to send me some sort of message. I sat up and looked at the TV, and all I could make out was a skeleton on the screen. Ok, freaky music, Satanic messages, skeletons....I must be having a cold-induced nightmare.

This morning I remembered what had happened, sort of, and thought for sure it was dream. I was probably hearing the TV, and somehow turned it into a scary dream in my head somehow.

Well, I always record Conan OBrien at night on the DVR, because I enjoy watching him, but usually fall asleep before it's over. So today when I remembered my pretty weird experience last night, I turned last night's episode of Conan on, to see if there really was some fright-tastic segment on last night, or to see if was all in my stuffed-up floaty head.

Apparently it wasn't in my head. See the video below. At least watch the first half.

What the crap is that? I'm sorry if you're a fan of this band, but seriously. What. Is. That?





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. That blew. A lot.

Jessica said...

I got a kick out of your post because we ALWAYS sleep with the TV on and I get spooked out to no end if the tv turns off or something and I wake up to dead silence...

That's quite a video though!

Jodi said...

OK, that was spooky - even in the middle of the day.