Monday, October 1, 2007

A lunch bag time capsule.

I've spent all morning in the basement looking through old boxes. I originally went down there to find a book, but every time I venture down there to look for "something" I end up down there for hours, just going through the memories.

In a box I found an old lunch bag.

It had stuff inside of it. Thankfully it was not an old lunch. It was actually a collection of things from my past that I had thrown in there a long time ago. So let's take a look, shall we?


I believe these were purchased during our first trip to Disney. I was three years old. My parents bought the whole Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs set for me. Sadly, this is all that's left. Thanks for stickin' around, guys.


This was my name that went on the back of my cheerleading sweater every year, and some randomly save pictures of my cute self. I had spirit, yes I did.

This was probably one of the happiest Red Wing moments of my life, well, exept when I met Steve Yzerman. I was a Wing Nut, fo' real. During a pre-game warm up, Rick Zombo flipped this puck up into the crowd, and I caught it with my bare hand! We were in the nosebleeds, so you know it had to be going pretty fast. Yes, it hurt.


Oh, Jon. You were so beautiful in your kooky vests and polka-dot shirt.


These are medals from various Solo & Ensmeble festivals I performed at. I played the saxophone. I used to have about a million more, but I don't know where they ran off to.


Stardate 23949349 . . . . Christie was a NextGen Trekkie in a baaaad way. She even went to a convention. OH THE HORROR! Why are Ryker's clothes all ripped? Hmmm . . .


Various drum corps patches from various years of corps. These used to be on various drum corps jackets, but now they're in various lunch bags in my basement I guess.

Makin' it great, y'all! I worked at Pizza Hut for about 8 years. I was an "expert" dough maker at one point. Be jealous.


I found many other things I'm dying to blog about, but that will have to be another day. I have lots to do today, because tomorrow morning we leave for a very short, anniversary trip to NYC. I'm not sure I'll be bringing my laptop, but you can follow me on Twitter to see what I'm up to while I'm there, or just check the widget on the left side of this blog.

This is Craig's first time in the city and I can't wait to play tour guide. Make sure you watch the Today Show on Wednesday morning. We won't be wearing weird hats or T-shirts, but maybe you'll catch a glimpse of us while Al Roker is telling you about the weather in your neck of the woods.

Later!

No comments: