Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Nightmare Before Easter

It's 3:33 am. I have barely had any sleep. I went to bed at 11, expecting to sleep until 4:30. Then I was going to wake up, get ready for church, and be at rehearsal by 7.

So I went to bed, all nice and tired, and all I heard for a half hour was the neighbor's dog barking. For crying out loud. If you're going to own a dog, don't keep it outside at night and let it bark. It barked non-stop. After beeping my car horn with the keys a few times, and even yelling out the window at it, I gave up and turned our bathroom fan on, hoping to shut out the noise. It worked, and I fell asleep. Whew!

Then the dreams started. Now, usually on Saturday nights before church, I have church dreams. Since I sing on the worship team, they're usually about stuff going wrong during service, or just weird stuff happening. Sometimes they're funny :-) But not tonight. Tonight were evil nightmares that I've never had before. I kept dreaming about just evil. I can't explain it, really. And then after a few minutes, I would see this very bright, blue flash of light and then I'd wake up in a panice, feeling like I have to puke.

This happened several times. Then Craig texted me at 1am to tell me that he was stranded at his wedding in Taylor. His car was dead. The weird thing about that is I have my phone on silent while I sleep, but as soon as he texted me, I sat up in another panic and looked at my phone and it was lit up. So I called him and he reassured me that friends were on the way to help, and that he would be home soon.

I went back to sleep. The nightmares still happened, but now some of them were about Craig being stranded, bad things happening to him, and him doing bad things. Just evil crap.

He just got home, and now I'm sitting here, not wanting to even go back to sleep for that last hour. So I'm blogging until it's time to jump in the shower. Craig and the kids will have to go to church with me at 7 and sit through all 3 services now, because his car is dead.

I'm exausted, and creeped out, but I will Overcome, right ;-)

No comments: