Sunday, September 14, 2008

Year of a million youtube blogs!

So I never really blogged about our vacation, other than Night of Joy. So here we go!

We spent the first few days at my dad's house. The kids pretty much lived in the pool. My dad pretty much spoiled them.....but not in a bad way, I guess ;-)

Then we headed over to Disney World for our 5 day magical adventure. Tuesday we checked into our hotel and then headed to Downtown Disney. We shopped and ate at Rainforest Cafe and played with Legos and potato heads 'n stuff.

The next day we visited Hollywood Studios. I had a few videos but they're not that interesting. We had a great time, though! Our first ride was the Tower of Terror. The twins were not thrilled, to say the least. But they like to brag about it now :-) Xavier got to see the "real" Lightning McQueen. Zoe met some of her favorite Playhouse Disney characters. I got to cry once again at the Little Mermaid show. It never fails. I do it every time. I'm so weird. Then for the first time I got to see Fantasmic. It was awesome!

The next day we went to Magic Kingdom. We hung out with Christa, Adam and Jack and had a great time :-)  We pretty much rode everything. There was never really a wait for any of the rides. It was nice. The twins don't remember their first 2 trips to Disney, so it was fun showing them Magic Kingdom again. It was all new to them.



The next morning we had breakfast at Chef Mickey's. It was so fun, and the food was delicious. Zoe says that "Mickey is a good food-cooker." I agree!




The next day I went to Epcot with Christa and Adam while Craig took the kids back to my dad's house. I hadn't seen Epcot since I was a kid and was really excited to go. I can't wait to go back and see more. I didn't see everything because I had to get back to Hollywood Studios to see the first Night of Joy. Craig ended up driving all over FL, getting lost. He ended up in Ocala. My dad lives in Brooksville. He's a dork. Then he passed up the road again on his way back down and made us late for the first concert. That was not the highlight of my trip, fo sho.


We spent our last day in Florida at Clearwater Beach. The kids loved the ocean. The girls loved finding shells!




The next morning we started our journey back to Michigan. It was the best vacation evah!



The end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like the Martin fam had a grand time!! The beach vid was sooo cute of your kids. "Fish head" hmmm.... :)